Chocolate anyone? Use this free template to make a fun learning activity for your felt board just in time for Valentine's Day! Toddlers or preschoolers can match the loose felt shapes to the ones attached to the heart. You can also work on identifying the names of each shape.
How to Make It:
1. Print out the free template (get it below). Print on cardstock for easier tracing.
2. Cut out the template pieces.
3. Fold a 9" x 12" sheet of red felt in half "hamburger style" so it is 6" x 4.5". Place the dotted line of the template on the fold and trace around it.
4. Trace 2 of each shape on brown felt.
5. Cut out all felt pieces.
6. Either sew or hot glue one set of shapes on to the red heart. Leave the other set loose for matching.
Felt naturally sticks to felt, so this activity is easy to do over and over. It's a fun screen free activity, and helps your little one learn through play!
Enter your information below to download the pattern to make your own chocolate shapes matching activity.
I also have another Valentine's day themed felt activity on the blog here. You match hearts and can adapt to it anything you are currently learning about!
Want to save this for later? Pin this image!